Moving an office from one location to another or opening a brand-new location is a challenging and complex undertaking. The business phone and unified communication system, a key part of the new location’s success, is often one of the last components companies address.
However, after helping clients move to new offices for years, we’ve learned that opening a new location is the perfect time to reassess what your communications system is doing for your business. Of course, you’ll need dial tone in your new location, but with a fully managed and cloud-based communications platform, you’ll be able to get much, much more.
Challenges with new office phone systems
Addressing the communications needs of your new office isn’t always easy. Clients have told us about the following challenges:
- Moving an old phone system to a new office is complex and potentially expensive
- Working with multiple vendors (the phone carrier, the system vendor and installer for your office) is a headache.
- Timing is essential and coordination of various resources can be tricky.
- If the new office is a second (or fortieth) location, seamless communications among offices is often difficult or impossible.
- IT (and everyone else, for that matter) has other things to worry about than your office telephone system.
How we can help with your office phone system
Because Ooma Enterprise phone system features are delivered over your internet connection, installation is much faster than a traditional phone system. In fact, with Ooma Enterprise, you can set up your service online before you move so that on Day 1 it’s just a matter of plugging in and activating your phones. If you like, you can even bring your existing phone numbers with you.
Whether you urgently need to get your new phone system up and running quickly, or you are taking time to reevaluate your business communications options, Ooma Enterprise is here to help. We asked our clients how Ooma made their office move painless, and here’s what they said:
- Simplified setup and management. We provide each client with a Success Hero to guide a white-glove installation experience, whether it’s your first location with us or the hundredth.
- Single vendor support. We are the office phone system provider and the phone company. There’s no need to negotiate multiple contracts or coordinate resources. We’ll take care of the entire office move.
- An enterprise-grade feature set. Our UC features include advanced call analytics, voicemail transcription, desktop and mobile apps, video conferencing, messaging, and more.
- Direct customer support. Our team of experts is standing by to help you easily transition to your new unified communications system. Got questions? Our team is just a call away.
- Fast turnaround. We’ll also work with your old phone company to port your existing telephone numbers if needed.
- Ultimate flexibility. Ooma Enterprise customers don’t have to predict the future by guessing about future capacity retirements. Buy what you need now and add more as you grow. Simple.
Business communications features your employees will love
- Hosted PBX service
- Auto-virtual receptionist
- Multi-level IVR
- Role-based controls
- Call reports
- Music on-hold
- Extension dialing
- Dial by name
- Call monitoring
- Single sign-on
- Hot desking
- Role-based rules
- Call forwarding
- Call recording
- Call flip
- Call park
- Shared lines
- Call logs
- Video conferencing
- Mobile apps
- Internet fax
If you’d like to chat with one of our office move experts, please just drop us a line. Even if you don’t select Ooma Enterprise, you’ll want to be sure you make the right choice for your new office and we’re happy to help.